Blogger Backgrounds

Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Time.....

I have been reading this book for the past week, "Easy Homeschooling Companion" by Lorraine Curry, and "For the Family's Sake" by Susan Shaeffer Macauley. The Lord has been laying on my heart the past 2 weeks about "TIME"...what am I doing with it? I will be posting once a day, but out of obedience to the Lord I will be spending my time wisely, but I wanted to leave a thought with you from the book, Easy Homeschooling Companion".

A Child left to himself bringeth his mother to shame ( Prov 29:15)

* Do you say, "Just a minute," to a child wanting your attention?
* Do the minutes run into many more than just one?
* Do you have a passion for something besides your children? In other words, is there a hobby, work or other interest that holds you more than your children do?
* Do you have a quiet child, perhaps one that everyone else speaks for, that you haven't bothered to take aside and get to know? This child is being left to himself.
* Do your children soend many hours in their rooms, alone. without interaction from you or their father?
* Is your child being " Left to himself" as he spends hours in school or preschool?

Be the mother your children need. You do not have to "do it all", Neither a spotless home nor a perfect school is required. Focus on the priorities: God first, family next, personal interests last. Put time with God first in yor day, then breakfast, then school or child time.
After your duties, personal activities come next, or- on some days-not at all. However, a mom who puts "first things first" will usually have extra time for self and interests.

Whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap. (Gal 6:7)

3 comments:

LAA and Family said...

Hi, I found your blog via the Glasers.

I like this list of priorities. They are the priorities I try to keep in mind as I go through life. My self interests are definitely on the back burner right now, but it's okay.. it's just for now!

A Good Kinda Crazy said...

Amen, Amen, A-A-A-A-AMEN! This is a wonderful reminder!

A Good Kinda Crazy said...

I forgot... I came here through my blog since you'd signed up for the "online reflections" for the CREATE IN ME A CLEAN HEART devotional... please come back when you make a post on that and give us the direct link.

Thanks!
Amy