Blogger Backgrounds

Friday, January 4, 2008

Checking in...

Well it's really cold here, icicles on the windows. It's not like north GA where we used to live but it's cold here. I finished reading, " Easy Homeschooling Companion" and I liked it so much I ordered it from BAM ( Books a million) What a wonderful book! It really opened my eyes to a lott of things like, give your children credit even when they don't do well, but give them approval for trying. It's not about acheivement, its about trying. I have a dyslexic son, and Phonics and Spelling are torture for him, he never gets words spelled right, but I put that happy face on his paper- Just because- He tried so hard.....
God is the same way, we try so hard and we blow it....I do!!! And he picks me up and wipes me off, and tells me, "Get Up and Try Again". And I blow it again, and he keeps picking me up. We have to be the same way with our children, as Charlotte Mason says, Children are a special gift from the Lord. We have to treat them as precious gifts, even when they blow it, don't do things as we want, disobey. We just have to pick them up, wipe them off , Hug them and tell them it's going to be okay....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really appreciate what you said in this post. Thanks for sharing.
Karen
www.homeschoolblogger.com/salt

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the continued encouragement. It's been a blessing. I'm in prayer for your daughter.

walking said...

I like the new look: your blog is warm and cozy!

In the RDI world, they talk about the RCR cycle: regulate, challenge, recover. I think that is what God does with us so that we will keep growing spiritually! :-) Now, when I am having a rough day, I comfort myself with the thought that I am in the challenge phase, which is followed by recovery! :0)